Pediatric Associates of Alexandria, Inc.
Pediatric Associates of Alexandria is grief-stricken to announce that our beloved colleague and friend Caitlin Nussbaum, MD died unexpectedly the last week of March 2021. She will be greatly missed by her husband, Tim, her two sons, family, friends, colleagues, staff, and patients. Our hearts break at her passing. There will be a celebration of her life sometime in the upcoming months. Donations can be made in her memory to Child and Family Network Centers in Alexandria. Any notes of remembrance for her husband and sons may be sent to Pediatric Associates of Alexandria.
We are happy to announce that with the loosening of Covid19 restrictions in Virginia, due to significantly lower case rates locally, and CDC guidance, we are making some office policy changes. We know that it has been very hard for many to travel to a different office, or only have one parent at the appointment, or find childcare for other siblings.
As of June 1, 2021:
1. If both parents are vaccinated, they may both come to the appointment, if necessary.
2. If it is a hardship to get childcare, other siblings may come in too. Please keep them home if you can.
3. We will be seeing all types of appointments at both offices.
4. Since most kids have not been vaccinated yet, everyone 2 years and older must continue to wear masks.
5. We still are not accepting walk-in visits. We hope to allow this later in the summer if case rates continue to decline.
We appreciate your kindness and understanding, as we strive to provide great care while keeping everyone as safe as we can.
Telemedicine visits are offered for sick visits for our established patients.
Staying Safe from COVID-19
Getting vaccinated is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your children. We now have the ability to provide the COVID-19 Vaccine in our office! We have started opening up vaccine appointments on 5/19. Our supply will be limited at first, but we hope to ramp up quickly as the Health Department grants us more vaccine. Please see links below for other options for Covid vaccines for kids: