Pediatric Associates of Alexandria, Inc.
Important Updates December 29, 2021:
- We are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls due to surging COVID cases and encourage you to follow CDC guidance regarding testing and quarantining. Here is a summary of the newest recommendations:
If you test positive : Stay home for 5 days. If your symptoms are improving or you have no symptoms, you can break isolation but must wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days.
If you were exposed to COVID: Get tested on Day 5 (earlier if you develop symptoms and retested later if you develop symptoms on days 6-10) if possible and quarantine/wear mask per vaccination status:
- Unvaccinated or did not get booster dose: Stay home (quarantine) for 5 days, wear a mask for additional 5 days around others. If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Vaccinated within 6 months (Pfizer, Moderna), 2 months (J&J) or received booster: Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- We are no longer offering rapid COVID tests due to supply issues. The PCR test results can take 2-5 days to get results. We are sending most of the tests to LabCorp (https://patient.labcorp.com/landing). You can create a portal account with them to get results directly.
- If your child is SYMPTOMATIC and tested positive using home/school antigen test they DO NOT need to be seen in the office for a confirmatory PCR test. Anyone with a positive result should be considered to have COVID-19. We are trying our best to limit exposure to patients and staff.
Well checks for established patients can be scheduled via the portal or here. We continue our ongoing efforts to limit COVID 19 transmission by requiring all of our employees to be vaccinated and the following:
1) All children ages 2 and up and parents are required to wear masks at all times.
2) We are encouraging families to bring only one parent, and no extra kids (when possible) to help with physical distancing.
Staying Safe from COVID-19
We will administer the COVID vaccine in dedicated COVID clinics on weekends, and at regularly scheduled in-office appointments. Please send us a patient portal message or call to schedule your child's vaccine.
If you are unable to get the vaccine from us, we strongly encourage you to visit www.vaccinate.gov or www.inova.org/vaccine to find an appointment. The vaccine will also be available at Community Vaccination Centers, retail pharmacies, and pop up locations as a collaboration between school systems and health departments.
Telemedicine visits are offered for sick visits for our established patients.