Pediatric Associates of Alexandria, Inc.
- Vaccine Records & Requirements
A copy of you child's vaccine record can be found on the patient portal. You...
- School Forms
It's that time of year again! You may fax (703-922-6067), email (email@example.com) or drop off...
- Nurse Advice Line
We continue to offer a nurse advice line during normal office hours. You can call...
We request your patience as we continue to work on our phone systems. If you have difficulty reaching us via phone, there are other ways you can request an appointment. You may request an appointment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Well checks for established can be scheduled online via the portal or online here.
Important Updates September 29, 2021:
The surge in pediatric Covid cases and need for testing kids to get back to school has put more stress on pediatric practices nationwide than we have ever seen before.
1. Unfortunately we will stop accepting walk-ins for sick visits effective 9/30/21. This has always been a way for us to increase patient access, but with out dramatic increase in patient volumes, patients must now call to schedule sick appointments, to help us better manage the flow and keep everyone safe.
2. Flu shots: we are offering them at any scheduled visit. Siblings may be added on for a shot. Flu clinics throughout October and November. These do fill up fast, so please send us a portal message or call the office to schedule your appointment as soon as possible. We will continue to open flu clinics as able to meet demand, so please check back if the date/time you want is not currently available.
3. Book your well child visits online. We have been trying to offer sick visits this way too, but our software vendor does not allow us to do both effectively. Still working on getting this changed.
4. Staffing: We have been significantly understaffed, despite ongoing hiring. We are hiring front desk staff, phone staff, RNs, LPNs, MAs, PAs, NPs, and need another physician too. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. Please be patient with our employees who are working lots of overtime and are doing their best.
5. Phones: we have been working on increasing our capacity. The biggest bottleneck is staffing. We also hit a snag with Verizon taking a long time to figure out how to run a faster internet circuit to our location in the building. This is now in place, but it delayed our VOIP implementation, which will now happen later in October.
We appreciate your kindness and understanding, as we strive to provide great care while keeping everyone as safe as we can.
Telemedicine visits are offered for sick visits for our established patients.
Staying Safe from COVID-19
Getting vaccinated is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your children. We now have the ability to provide the COVID-19 Vaccine in our healthplex office! Please call to schedule an appointment for your children ages 12 and up. If you are unable to come to our office, see the links below for other options for Covid vaccines for kids: