We are offering telemedicine visits for our established patients and for prenatal visits!
In-office prenatal visits have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Prenatal telemedicine visits are available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Call 703-924-2100 to schedule your telemedicine appointment.
Appropriate Visits for Telemedicine
- COVID-19 concerns
- Adolescent health visits
- Bug bites
- Cough and colds
- Eye concerns such as pink eye, stye, puffiness
- Follow up visits
- GI issues: constipation, reflux
- Medication refills or questions
- Sprains, bone injuries
- Skin issues: eczema, rash, acne, ringworm, etc.
Telemedicine - What You will Need
- An android, iphone, ipad or PC with a camera. Please adjust your settings so that you are not in “private mode” and enable your browser to access your camera and microphone
- A signed consent form on file. You will receive one via email or can download the form and email back a signed copy prior to the appointment.
Telemedicine Consent Form
Zoom Telemedicine Step by Step
- You will meet the doctor in the secure video call waiting room by opening the hyperlink provided or copying and pasting the link into your browser (should use most recent version of chrome). You will need to download the zoom app or desktop client at least 20 minutes prior to the appointment. Please check your email or the zoom website for detailed instructions.
- Type in your child’s name as the person who is checking in to let the doctor know you have arrived.
- You will connect with the doctor via live video. We will discuss the symptoms and decide what the treatment should be. We may ask that you take a temperature or weight at home. Please be prepared to provide that information. If at any point we feel that we need to see your child in person, we will request that you come in the same day.
What to Expect
Dr. Hopper talks about what to expect during your telemedicine visit.