Pediatric Associates of Alexandria, Inc.
- Vaccine Records & Requirements
A copy of you child's vaccine record can be found on the patient portal. You...
- School Forms
It's that time of year again! You may fax (703-922-6067), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off...
- Nurse Advice Line
We continue to offer a nurse advice line during normal office hours. You can call...
Staying Safe from COVID-19
The health department allocated us our first limited shipment of the 5-11 year COVID vaccine today (11/3/21)! We will administer this vaccine in dedicated COVID clinics on weekends, and at regularly scheduled in-office appointments beginning Monday, November 8th, until supply runs out. Priority will be given to children with chronic health conditions. Please send us a patient portal message to be added to our wait list.
During these next few weeks, we anticipate high demand for this vaccine, however the amount of vaccine we receive and the frequency is determined by the health department, and is expected to remain limited at first. If you are unable to get the vaccine from us, we strongly encourage you to visit www.vaccinate.gov or www.inova.org/vaccine to find an appointment. The vaccine will also be available at Community Vaccination Centers, retail pharmacies, and pop up locations as a collaboration between school systems and health departments.
We will update our website and social media as we receive more doses. Thank you!
Well checks for established patients can be scheduled via the portal or here.
Important Updates November 3, 2021:
1. We stopped accepting walk-ins for sick visits effective 9/30/21. Patients must schedule sick appointments, to help us better manage the flow and keep everyone safe.
2. Flu shots: we are offering them at any scheduled visit. Siblings may be added on for a shot during another child's well check. Please send us a portal message or call the office to schedule your appointment as soon as possible. We will continue to open flu clinics as able to meet demand, so please check back if the date/time you want is not currently available.
3. Book your well child visits online. We have been trying to offer sick visits this way too, but our software vendor does not allow us to do both effectively. We are planning an upgrade in November to do this.
4. Phones: We have updated our phone system! You should no longer get a busy signal and now have the option to keep your place in line and receive a call back rather than stay on hold.
5. Staffing: We are continuing to hire front desk staff, phone staff, RNs, LPNs, MAs, PAs, and NPs. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com.
Please be patient with our employees who are working lots of overtime and are doing their best.
We appreciate your kindness and understanding, as we strive to see everyone as efficiently as we can.
Telemedicine visits are offered for sick visits for our established patients.